- Xcode 6 can show backtraces for enqueued blocks across GCD queues and threads in the Debug navigator.
- In the Queues view, it also shows the pending blocks for a queue in addition to the blocks that are already executing.
- Debug menu > Debug Workflow > Always Show Pending Blocks in Queue
- Shortcut: hold down Option key and click the disclosure triangle to the left of the process info to expand all the thread backtraces.
- View debugger button is on the Debug toolbar (bottom of the window) to the left of the “Simulate location” button.
- Third view mode in the Debug navigator (in addition to thread and queue views) for showing the UI hierarchy.
- You can filter views using the search field!
- Attributes inspector shows view attributes but they are read-only.
- Size inspector shows a list of all the layout constraints.
Integrating with Quick Look
- Xcode 6 supports Quick Look for
-debugQuickLookObject in your own objects and return one of the supported types to add support for Quick Look.
- More documentation here.